Key elements of this role are providing support on Microsoft solutions across the Modern Workplace and Azure technology stacks, to both new & existing customers. Working with direct reports this role will be responsible for developing the technical services side of the business unit, growing the business unit by servicing two primary functions, those being support services, professional services delivery.
Due to the size of the team, there is an expectation within this role to continue to carry out consultancy and professional services work to ensure the commercial success of this business unit as it develops.
Critical to this success is to ensure VCG are actively engaging directly with our customers articulating the company’s technology and product portfolio, positioning this to both business and technical users. The demands of this role are such that you should have an excellent technical knowledge, good customer facing skills and good commercial awareness.
Key responsibilities will include but not limited to:
- Developing technical strategy by staying up to date on industry trends and identifying new/emerging technologies/services.
- Working with the Business Unit Lead to commercialise Support Service offerings.
- Providing occasional technical Pre-Sales support to the Sales team on the VCG Software portfolio and support services.
- Work with the Professional Services Team to provide technical leadership and develop a capability strategy to underpin the technical growth of the team.
- Identifying training needs and plans for the Professional Services team aligned with the core strategy.
- Adhere to the Company’s Quality and Business Processes.
- Maintaining and improving technically through certification, both on a personal and company level.
Skills & Experience
Key Skills and Experience would include but not limited to:
- Strategic planning around commercial goals.
- Experience with managing a small team.
- Experience in a customer facing support environment.
- Experience in working in an MSP environment.
- Experience in completing Microsoft Cloud Migrations.
- Strong interest in cloud technologies, Compute, Backup, Security.
- Comfortable working with hosting technologies including Azure, VMware, HyperV and network storage systems.
- Previous experience of requirements gathering, design, and solution building and the ability to replicate this in a commercial setting.
- Ability to develop effective working relationships internally at a variety of levels and work closely with commercial departments such as Sales, Operations and Project Management Office.
- Ability to cope under pressure and prioritise work accordingly.
- Ability to learn and take on new technologies.
- Ability to understand the commercial aspects intrinsically linked with this business unit.
- Organised and analytical, able to eliminate obstacles through creative and adaptive approaches.
- Shares information, advice, and suggestions to help others to be more successful; provides effective coaching.
- Tailors written communications to effectively reach an audience at audience appropriate technical level.
- Good Decision-making.
- Fosters Team-work and has a strong motivational approach to this process.
- Adaptability approaching challenging tasks with a “can-do” attitude.
- Microsoft Certified: Azure Solutions Architect Expert
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert: Enterprise Administrator (MCSE)
- Microsoft Certified: Solutions Associate: Teams Administrator Associate
- Microsoft Certified: Solutions Associate: Office 365 (MCSA)
- VMware Certified Professional 6 – Data Center Virtualization (VCP6-DCV)
Any Knowledge or understanding of any of the following would be advantageous:
- Kusto Query Language
- SkyKick / BitTitan Migration Wiz
- Power Automate/Power Platform
- Microsoft Azure
- Security Industry Technologies
- Technical Aptitude
- Drive to learn and develop
- Great teamwork
- Planning and organizing
- Communication skills
VCG is committed to delivering the best experience to its customers, to enable them to succeed and grow with us as their partner. Delivering excellent Customer Experience is something that affects all departments and all employees. As a VCG employee, you are responsible for ensuring that we maintain a good relationship with our customers, maintain our Customer Experience partner accreditations, and support your colleagues in their roles in delivering customer success. You are expected to undertake any relevant training for Customer Experience promptly and follow continual improvement processes to identify opportunities to develop customers’ experience with VCG.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We will consider all qualified applicants for employment without discrimination on grounds of disability, gender or gender orientation, pregnancy or maternity leave status, race or national or ethnic origin, age, religion or belief, gender identity or re-assignment, marital or civil partnership status, protected veteran status (if applicable) or any other characteristic protected by law.
Right to Work:
Please note that this role requires the successful applicant to be permitted by the UK Home Office to live and work in the UK.
Please send your CV and the role interested in to email@example.com